(Editor’s Note: The following update is based on an active and ongoing investigation. The OSBI’s initial understanding of the facts and circumstances may evolve throughout the course of the investigation as witnesses are interviewed and evidence is collected and analyzed. Upon completion of the OSBI investigation, agents will submit a report summarizing their investigation to the District Attorney’s Office. The District Attorney will determine whether or not to file charges.)
LAWTON — The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) is investigating an officer-involved shooting which occurred about 2:10 a.m. in Lawton.
Based on the OSBI’s initial investigation, this is what is known at this time:
• The suspect attempted to break into an apartment at 1420 NW Hunter Road in Lawton.
• He eventually broke down the door and forced his way into the apartment, at which point he made the female resident remov her clothing.
• The woman managed to safely escape from the apartment.
• After receiving a 911 call, officers from the Lawton Police Department responded to the scene and encountered the suspect who was brandishing a gun.
• Officers attempted to negotiate with the suspect for approximately an hour.
• The suspect then pointed the weapon at officers, who fired shots killing the suspect.
• No one else was injured during the incident.
There is no additional information to be released at this time.